Like Us On Facebook

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Good For You, Scarlett Johansson



Okay, Okay! Guys quit your drooling! This is actually a great story. But I did make the picture extra big for you guys out there...sorry girls. I'll find a post about a real man soon, I promise. But for now, let's get back to Miss Johansson. (And yes, I admit, I am a little jealous)

She made the news recently because of a dispute that was going on between two companies that she is a spokeswoman for. One is Oxfam, whom the actress is an Ambassador for. Oxfam is a humanitarian group that is seeking to end world hunger. (Hint: it would be easier to feed the starving kiddies if you didn't fatten your wallet so much) Well, Scarlett is also a spokeswoman for the company Soda Stream and Oxfam didn't like it. Why, you ask? Because Soda Stream is an Israeli owned company and their warehouse is in the hotly contested West Bank. Now are you getting a clearer picture about Oxfam?

Of course the people at the "charity" group feel as though the Jews have no right to the West Bank and that it is Palestinian territory. Israel feels differently, and in my opinion, rightly so. The company employs Palestinians as well as Jews. Do you think if it were Palestinian owned a single Jew would be able to work there? I know my answer. So after 8 years with Oxfam, Miss Johansson parted ways with the company. She had this to say of Soda Stream;


"SodaStream is a company that is not only committed to the environment but to building a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbours working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights."
In a very liberal world and especially a very liberal Hollywood, it took guts for Scarlett to stand for what she believed to be right. I have no idea as to her politics, but I give her kudos for this move.

UPDATE:
It has been brought to my attention that Miss Johansson is the former girlfriend of one Sean Penn. Not sure how to make gagging noises with a keyboard so I will leave that to you. Here is a great post from Debbie Schlussel given to me by a reader. It is definitely worth the read:

4 comments:

  1. That is what I thought at first as well. But I think she is in it for the money instead of her beliefs. This is a woman who dated communist anti Israel Sean Penn. You should read the blog post Debbie Schlussel did on her. I do not agree with her on everything, she can be vicious at times, but she is right on about a lot of stuff.

    http://www.debbieschlussel.com/68928/scarlett-johansson-israel-oxfam-history-of-hanging-w-israel-boycotters/

    C.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... Very informatve post. I'm putting the link at the top. Thanks for the tip. It's hard to say sometiimes about people and I didn't really check into her like I usually do before writing a blog. Sean Penn??? Ugh....I'm not "jealous" anymore.

      Delete
  2. I am very pro Israel, but I am learning even Israel is infested with the disease of liberals/progressives/communists.
    C.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is a cancer that has spread through the entire world. It wasn't caught early enough.

      Delete