Like Us On Facebook

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Obamacare ‘Cheerleader’ Now Realizes She Can’t Afford Health Insurance for Herself and Young Son

Well, HA HA, stupid!

An Oregon mother, who has been a “cheerleader” for Obamacare, now says she can’t afford health insurance for her and her 18-month-old son due to regulations included in the Affordable Care Act.

Kate Holly, 33, told KOIN-TV that she has been a strong supporter of Obamacare because she thought the health care law “was designed for people in my situation.” The mother, a freelance yoga instructor, joins a growing list of Obamacare supporters who have expressed shock that they can’t afford to enroll in the law they supported.

Oregon Pro Obamacare Mother Cant Afford Insurance

Image source: Getty Images

“I’ve been a cheerleader for the Affordable Care Act since I heard about it and I assumed that it was designed for people in my situation,” she said. “I was planning on using the Affordable Care Act and I had done the online calculator in advance to make sure I was going to be able to afford it.”

CBS Seattle has more on Holly’s health care situation:

Holly’s husband works for a non-profit organization that pays for his health care, but the couple is unable to afford to have her and their son covered under his plan. And she’s been told their combined income is too much to qualify for a subsidized health care plan under Cover Oregon.

“It wasn’t until I started the process and got an agent that I started hearing from them I wasn’t going to qualify for subsidies because I qualify on my husband’s insurance,” she told KOIN.

Without any assurances, Holly is hoping that “there’s a way around” the regulations. However, she’s still painfully aware that she and her son might not have health care in 2014.

Re-blogged from The Blaze

Obamacare ‘Cheerleader’ Now Realizes She Can’t Afford Health Insurance for Herself and Young Son
Jason Howerton
Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:35:56 GMT

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of shadenfreude in the morning.....smells like vindication. I was raising hell about obunglercare since it started up. I knew that it was a hose job, but all the lemmings clamored for it and now they got it...good and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree Mr. Garabaldi. I feel like if the rest of us have to suffer, then I am going to laugh everytime a liberal suffers, too.

    ReplyDelete