Like Us On Facebook

Friday, February 20, 2015

Giuliani: 'I want to repeat' blast against Obama

 

121110guiliani

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has doubled down on his charge that President Obama doesn’t love America, telling a Fox News host, “I want to repeat it.”

Giuliani said at a private dinner Wednesday night in New York City with about 60 conservative business leaders: “I do not believe that the president loves America. He doesn’t love you. He doesn’t love me.”

Democrats rose up in unison Thursday to condemn his remark, but on Megyn Kelly’s Fox News show he refused to back down.

“The reality is, from all that I can see of this president, all that I’ve heard of him, he apologizes for America, he criticizes America,” Giuliani said.

He accused Obama of not believing in American exceptionalism and noted his early life influences, including communist Frank Marshall Davis.

“I believe his initial approach is to criticize this country and then afterwards to say a few nice things about it,” Giuliani said.

“I know patriotism. Patriots can criticize. They’re allowed to criticize. But I don’t hear from him what I heard from Harry Truman, what I heard from Bill Clinton, what I heard from Jimmy Carter, which is these wonderful words about what a great country we are, what an exceptional country we are.”

Giuliani’s remarks at the New York City event Wednesday — a fundraiser for possible GOP 2016 presidential candidate Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker — included, “He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

See the interview:

Giuliani said that when Obama acknowledges the fact that America’s enemy is “Islamic terrorists,” “then I will applaud the president.”

The Obama White House insists on not describing terrorists as Islamic, claiming ISIS, for example, has nothing to do with Islam.

The former mayor got the support of talk show host and author Mark Levin, who appeared on Sean Hannity’s television program.

“He’s exactly right,” Levin said. “When somebody says they want to fundamentally transform America, they must not love America.”

He continued: “Obama has shown no indication that he loves the Constitution, he never talks about capitalism, he’s always bringing up the past, picking at scabs. Even now he’s a patsy for Islamic terrorism. … Half his speeches are about how terrible America is.”

Levin called Obama “the most preposterous and absurd president … maybe at any time in American history.”

The Levin interview:

Giuliani: 'I want to repeat' blast against Obama
-NO AUTHOR-
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:57:34 GMT

0 comments:

Post a Comment